Wednesday 27 November 2013

Searching for a Word

At my last concert I said to my audience that I was reaching for a word that expressed the feeling that I have as I sing some of the beautiful music I have been singing. Sometimes it glows inside me for a long time after I sing a song. It is a buzz, it is a high but it is more than that because I know you can get a high from drugs and things like that but negative things take away from your self respect.
Someone came up to me and said that it was simply 'joy'. Whilst I agree that joy is certainly part of it, this is something else again. It is a wonderful delicious feeling. It is dignifying!
They say that in 5 years you will be the same except for the books you read and the people you associate with and I think I can add to that, the songs that you sing because I walk away from these beautiful songs, resonating with hundreds years of history, a better person.
In the movie, 'As Good as it Gets' Jack Nicholson's character says to Helen Hunt's character. 'You make me want to be a better man" Thats how I feel about some of these songs. They make me want to be a better man.
Maybe you could help me find the word? http://reverbnation.com/ronaldlaw




Learn more about my music and ministry at

http://www.revronlaw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment