Wednesday 27 November 2013

Music and Trauma

Over the last two years I have gone through a horrific ongoing experience through my work in which I was continually bullied and harassed.  Without wanting to go in to details too much at this point, one of the wonderful things I did through this time was enrol in grades in classical singing through my local conservatorium.
Though I have studied some classical music previously, the wonderful enriching music that I was exposed to during this time from Beethoven and Schubert and Schumann and others enriched me and strengthened me in areas where my self esteem may have eroded.
I received honours in 5th Grade and 6th Grade singing and now I am attempting 7th Grade all under the steady guiding hand of Margaret England at the Coffs Harbour Conservatorium.
It continues to be a wonderful 'classical journey'. In fact, that is what I have called the collection of songs that I have just recorded. 'A Classical Journey'.
Joining Margaret and I on the journey has been my Accompanist, Elaine Sparrow. We have now performed in several very successful and fulfilling concerts in which I have been able to share a small part of our story.
Next week I will be performing at the Coffs Harbour Mayoral Ball. What an honour! I believe that music is a gift from God who gives us music for enrichment and for nourishment, for connection and to honour Him.
If you listen to some of my music and it blesses you please let me know. I am available to sing and speak to gatherings of any size/ Please email me at revronlaw@me.com

Learn more about my music and ministry at

http://www.revronlaw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment