Saturday 21 December 2013

Singing 'The Holy City" over Coffs Harbour

Such a joy last night to sing in front of such an appreciate audience of about 60-80 people most of who were from 'Sing Australia' and therefore loved singing and music.  The pieces I sang were 'Holy City', 'Oh, Holy Night' and 'Comfort Ye' (Handel- Messiah).   My voice felt strong and it filled the house and bounced off the walls with joy, singing this majestic music literally over Coffs Harbour!  

When we eventually leave Coffs Harbour this will be a soaring memory to take with me.  As I reflect back on our time here it has certainly had its ups and devastating downs but there was never a question that G-d was going to bring us through to a triumphant note.  

Out of the blue, through a friend at the Church (Thanks Damo) where we have been worshipping, came an invitation to sing at the Coffs Harbour Mayoral Ball and from that came the invite to sing at the house last night.  

The Lord Mayor (Denise Knight) gave me a big cuddle after my singing, so we have literally been embraced by the city.  In the process I shared a stage with Ciarin Gribbin (lead singer of INXS), I have had wonderful concerts at the Art Gallery and have offers for more concerts in other venues in nearby regional centres and so the journey goes on.

If you are going through a difficult time don't give up!  G-d will not only bring you to survive but to thrive and triumph!  This is His will as you trust in Him!  There may be times when you feel forgotten but He is present and will bring you through.  As you trust, prepare, study His Word and pray.  Work on your strengths, continue to train and exercise.  One day you will stand and sing your anthem of triumph and oh, what joy!

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Deut. 31:6"

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28:7

But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

…………………………………………
For my other stuff see revronlaw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment